Saturday, January 9, 2010

Not for the backlog anymore

So my dream started on a bus where a bunch of people were going to some sort of haunted maze-sih thing. It was this thing a place had to like "find the hidden secrets" of the maze/house/whatever it was. Almost like Myst, but with more people and more ominous. So we're on this bus, and there's an old man with an eyepatch and an axe, telling us the horrors of this place. We all listened intently before the bus driver intervened and told us he's just to hype everything up. So we get dropped off at this huge mansion, and are led into a classroom, where we're going to be paired off. They were pairing alphabetically, but were making a huge ordeal out of it. When I was given my card with my partner's name on it, it turns out it wasn't mine and there had been a glitch in the system. They told me it would be a second but there'd be no problems, while I watched everyone else pair up. Among the people I remember in the room were Tim, Paul, and Gracie. I was not paired up with any of them but instead was partnered with the very last person in the room, who was some girl I had never seen before. i tried to get her to talk, but she was very shy, so we just decided to just search for... whatever it was we were searching for.

It turned out that the secret to this place involved going through a temple deeper within. Desperately wanting to know the secret, mystery girl and I adventured through the temple with a few others. At one point we got split up, and I had to run back to save her (The room's ceiling was coming down slowly, so like a man, I pushed it back up with THESE GUNS). we talked about how neither of us could find the secret. The back of the temple led outside but there was a wall that we could not pass, ending our progress. When we left the temple, a man wearing sunglasses came up to me and said he could show me the way, but only me. He said he knew how to get through the wall. I told my partner about this and told her to go around the temple to meet me on the other side of it.

(Stuff starts to get a little weird here)

THe mysterious man and I go through the temple and exit the back. He pulls out a key and sticks it into a brick. It's revealed that it isn't a wall but a room, and in the room are a bunch of people in their underwear. They cannot see us or hear us. We leave the other side of the room and are back outside, and are on a path leading into the woods. I can see the whole temple and the original house from where we are, and wonder why I never noticed this before. The man and I start going down the path, starting walking but eventually running at top speed. The path went through the woods and curved and had weird carvings in trees at some points. We eventually hit the end of the woods and are in a city akin to London. It is raining.When I try to go past a certain point, I am stopped by some invisible force. I try to ask the mysterious man what it is, but he is gone. I see running towards me from inside the city is my partner. Apparently she ran around the woods and got into the city. However, now neither of us could pass by the invisible walls. We were stuck in an approximately 100 square foot area. Giving up, we sat against a wall, me on the floor and her in my lap. We kissed and eventually fell asleep.

We woke up in our underwear in the room I had walked through. The doors in it were gone, but the people in it were still there and could now hear/see me. The mysterious man suddenly appeared, sunglasses replaced by purple Willy Wonka suit. He said a long monologue, saying, verbatim "Hours, Days, or Weeks may have gone by. But here in the room of Endazzlement time does not fly." He further explained how the only way to get to the Room of Endazzlement was by a lovers' kiss. Apparently, this was the hidden secret of the mansion, because Willy Wonka-ish man was planning to restart the world with only people who loved each other. He told us there was no escape, and sat down on a chair.

1 comment: